Monday 15 October 2012

Capture Your Grief, Day 15: WAVE OF LIGHT

"When a child loses a parent, they are called an orphan. When a spouse loses her or his partner, they are called a widow or widower. When parents lose their child, there isn't a word to describe them."



October 15th is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day across the world. Too many families grieve in silence, sometimes never comes to terms with their loss. I know because I myself grieve and I also met parents who has lost their children for how many years now but still grieve for them. But again I want to pass and share this, came from a parent that I met, a quote from Dr. Joanne Cacciatore, founder of the MISS Foundation: "Grief is not a disease, it is not an illness, it is not depression. It is, in fact, an expression of love. Grief can only be a disease if love is."


I lit candle today to remember my Alanna and all angel babies who have left our arms too soon. I wanted to light more candles but because I have a little boy who thinks candles are for playing and blowing birthdays, I decided to burn one and have one flameless turned on. We did not want any accident in the house but I am still happy to remember my baby and all the parents babies that I've met. Also loved seeing other parents picture their candles on this special day.






I also took video and when the flame danced I felt that Alanna was there:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...